The club was established in the 19th century and were playing in the Oswestry & District League by 1897. They were league champions in 1919–20 and won the Village Cup in 1930–31. The club was renamed St Martins United in the early 1930s, before becoming Greyhound Rangers in 1935 when playing at a field next to the Greyhound Inn pub. They moved across the border and joined the Cefn & District League. However, despite winning the League Cup in 1936–37, the club did not play again until 1939.